Saturday, May 31, 2008

CI Challenge #10



Quick note: If you have a chance, check out my own Friday Card Flick that I posted yesterday! Also check back here on Monday for some big news.

On to the card... I LOVE Kristina's Color Inspiration Challenges. This week the colors to use are Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, So Saffron & Bashful Blue. I love how crisp all of these colors look on white, so summery fresh!! I was really inspired by the pillows in this inspira
tion photo, so that is what I went with. This card is 4 1/4" squared and in the pattern of what I think looks like a piece of fabric for a pillow. The floral design and sentiment was made with SU rub-ons which could only be earned during Sell-A-Bration. I used one of the little frames and brads from SU Hodge Podge Hardware set. This was a fun card to make and you would think only took me a few minutes. I can't tell you how long I played with the stinkin' stripes so that I had a pattern that I liked.
Thanks Kristina for another great challenge!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

22 comments:

Kate Souder said...

I love it! And I so enjoy your videos!

Suzanne Vaughan said...

That is a lovely card!

Unknown said...

This is great, Pam! Happy Weekend!

Anonymous said...

I said OOOOOOOOOO when I opened your link. What a pretty card! You di an awesome job!

Donna

Jens Place in Space said...

Wow you did awesome on this! and I am getting you my rsvp check in the mail today ok!

1 Crafty Gal said...

Oh, how gorgeous!!!!

I can't wait for your big news!!!!

Kerry said...

wow this is soo pretty! What a great way to use those rubons from SAB! I have been trying to figure out what to do with mine!! thanks for sharing...

Bobette said...

Awesome! This one is my fav by far!

Karen Giron said...

I really love this one - the stripes are so fun with the rub-ons.

Traveling Mama said...

You did such a great job! You really captured the stripes and floral of the pillows!

chloe said...

LOOOOOOOOOOVVE THIS AS ALWAYS PAM! THE STRIPES ARE INGENIOUS & INSPIRED! BIG HUGS!!

Kristie said...

Fantastic card! I really love how you've captured the feel of the cushions.

Deanna said...

Top ten I think... i used stripes too but my rub ons didn't come in!

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful Pam! I love the stripes, very professional looking!
Laura

Dawn said...

Love the card Pam. Another great job...wish some of that mojo would rub off on me. Guess I better keep trying :)
Hugs
Dawn

Unknown said...

Pam thanks for the well wishes on 2 Sketches 4 you - and can I just say how much I LOVE this card.

Sankari W. said...

wow! simple and beautiful - very elegant and pleasing to the eye. what a great card!

Jens Place in Space said...

Now you have big news to! lol Between you and Kazan I dont know . Always suspense going on in blog land !!! Love your card!

Carla said...

What a unique card! Love it!

Tiffany Day said...

This card is beautiful. I love visiting your website.

LeAnne said...

Love it! Very crisp & clean!
LeAnne

Melanie said...

this is gorgeous!!