Saturday, June 7, 2008

In the beginning...



there was this little card. As requested, here is the very first card that I made for an actual class almost three years ago. While I look at it I think of all the things that I could have added to make this card better, I think of all of the things that I have learned to get me where I am now. Of course I will never alter this card or give it away as it will always be a reminder of where I started.

This card I made for the new Caardvarks challenge called "Drink Up". I love their challenges, they are so unique and the DT is amazing! Did you see Laura from A day int he life of the Paper Poppy & 2Sketches 4 You has just joined the Caardvarks team. Congrats Laura!! So, I first started searching for twist off lids, the metal ones that you find on IBC
soda or a Corona, but didn't have any on hand. Thought those would make a cute embellishment. So I then searched through my stamps and couldn't find any drink related. Last but not least I turned to my Cricut cartridges and low and behold....a steaming coffee cup woohoo! It was either that or a baby bottle and well couldn't think of anything clever off the top of my head with a bottle. I used card stock from SU and the DP is from Eye-Lets-Etc as well as the flower and eyelets. Isn't that little key eyelet the cutest?! They come in bronze, gold & silver, super cute. The flourish is yes, once again from my fancy pants "Chic Alpha" stamp set. I embossed the flourish with white EP and then sponged some creamy caramel ink over the top to really make the steam pop.

Please check back tomorrow, I have a special request for some RAK's check out this blog and you will know why.
Have a super Saturday!!!

7 comments:

SmilynStef said...

I am lovin' the way you matted your cup ... and the flourished steam is fabulous ... another stunning creation (and your very first card looks pretty darn good to me too).

Dawn said...

Both of them are great cards Pam. I am sure you could think of things to change on that first one, but I like it just the way it is. Great job on the drink card as well....I would be in the same boat of having nothing to use except the cricut!!! Have a great weekend :)
Hugs
Dawn

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

you make beautiful work! :)

Kim Gasper said...

This turned out so well! I love it. I've really been enjoying my visits to your blog. You are so talented!

1 Crafty Gal said...

Holy COW! I just spent the last 2 hours reading that entire blog. OMG! SOOOOOOO heart-wrenching! I'm in for any RAK I can for that brave man!

Beautiful card! You do such fantastic work...even your beginner card. Oh the shame if I ever posted mine! ROFL!

Laura Davis said...

Pam, I love your first card I think it is simply elegant!
Your "Drink Up" card is perfect...love the touches of blue:)
Thanks for the toot:)
Laura

Donna Baker said...

BOTH cards are great! I absolutely love the Fall card - wow! TONS better than my first.