Thursday, June 5, 2008

Blast from the past


I was really trying to get some stuff done around the house yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to finish a card. So I thought I would go back and grab a picture from a card I made about a year ago. This was one of my favorites at the time and looking at it now I think, oh I could have added this or that or.... It is fun to go back and look at the work you had done in the past and see how much you have grown. Seems as though I have grown a lot in A LOT of ways in the past year. A year older, more inspired and a bit more enthusiastic about my dream of being "known" in the paper crafting world. I wonder where I will be next year, just have to wait and see. I should really post the very first card I ever made as a demonstrator almost 3 years ago. Maybe I will do that if you wanna see it some time. I have it up on my book shelf as a reminder of where I started.
See ya tomorrow for my Friday Card Flick!!
Have a great day!

12 comments:

Linda said...

Yes, you have grown as a papercrafter but I think this card is simple and elegant! I love the neutral colors. I would love to see your very first card.

Dawn said...

I still love this card....so simple but beautiful. It was hard for me to give mine away, but now I have a reminder to make it again soon ;) Please share your early work, maybe it will inspire more to get creative seeing where you are at now and where you began.
Hugs
Dawn

Jens Place in Space said...

I would love to see your earlier work. I know what you mean though I look back at my begining layouts and I actually have been redoing some of them lol! This card is beautiful though .

Kim Gasper said...

I do like the simplicity of this card. I initially thought the stitches were real.

You've got talent, girl! It just keeps getting bigger!

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card, my style has changed dramatically over the last year too, must be all this inspriration we find when blog hopping!!
Clairexx

Carrie Gaskin said...

I love this Pam and I so happy to have found you online. I look forward to seeing where you go over the next few years as I believe you not only have a great talent for crafting but you are a darn nice girl too!

1 Crafty Gal said...

Ohhh, so gorgeous!

Ginger said...

It is always good to look back at where you began and how far you have come and in the meantime, you have found what your passion is. It would be great to see your first card. I look back at some of my first scrapbook pages and can't believe I thought they were just great, but other people think they are. So it helps others to see the simple beginning and where they can end up. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Donna Baker said...

this card is great! Id love to see more too!

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful as always Pam!!!
Laura

Liz VP said...

Hi Pam

I'm not very good at this computer stuff. Hopefully you won't get this twice. I vote you post your first card. When I look back at my first scrapbook, I see how far I have come, but also the industry!
Post it!!

Liz VP

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous! I love the stitching along the flourish; what a fresh way to use a classic stamp. :0)