Monday, June 16, 2008

A combo challenge


I am completely hooked on both Caardvarks and 2 Sketches 4 You challenges. Since both of them have a challenge this morning I decided to combine the sketch from Laura and the theme from Caardvarks. The theme for Caardvarks micro challenge (which means you only have one day to complete it and post) is "masculine birthday". Now that is a true challenge, why is it so hard to come up with cards for men? I asked my oldest son Ty who is 11 who he thought this card would be appropriate for without telling him of course what I was going for. Luckily he said a boy! I said good that is what I was going for, his reply "yeah Mom its cool, but do you have any skull stamps". Gee I forgot to add a skull and cross bones...have to keep that in mind next time LOL! Everything on this card is from Stampin' UP! except for the star brads, those are Memory Makers. The star I used the faux shaving cream technique on. Looks a little on the camo side I think, then I swiped a versa mark pad across the piece of River Rock card stock to give it a little texture.The colors are Basic Gray, Old Olive, River Rock & Whisper White. Stamp sets are "Fundamental Phrases", "Independence Day", "Circle of Friendship", "Baroque Motifs" and jumbo stampin' wheel "Lots of Dots". I have a stamping meeting tomorrow, so I may just make a bunch of these for swaps. What do you think??

Thanks for stopping by, see you tomorrow with the winner of Inspiration Challenge #4.

33 comments:

Ingrid said...

Wow! You are fast with this week's challenge. Great card!

Unknown said...

Pam I love your take on Laura's Sketch. That green and blue are really striking together. I think a bunch of them will be perfect :)

Looby said...

wow - what a fab colour! Great colour combo - really pops off the page! love it!
Lou x

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, girl, you are fast. The colors are awesome and the card is stunning!

Zarah said...

Gorgeous card!!

lauren bergold said...

ooooooh pam! i LOVE this card...and i looooove that you've combined the 'varks micro with laura's second sketch...especially with such FAB results!

(ps: i'm with ty though--skulls are ALWAYS cool!!!) :)

Katie said...

Love how you distressed the papers! Awesome card for a guy!!

Katie

Jens Place in Space said...

awesome!!! you are so talented!!!!

Laura Davis said...

Pam this is perfect!!! I love it:) Thanks for playing.
Laura

~dawne said...

Great take on Laura's sketch. Definitely love the masculine look & feel to this card. Great job!!

chloe said...

GREAT JOB PAM! SO MUCH GORGEOUS DETAILS YET YOU SO MADE IT WORK FOR A MASCULINE CARD!!!

SmilynStef said...

Wonderful combo-challenge card ... I love the repeating sentiment strip and the swipe of Versamark on the paper ... great ideas.

Krista B. said...

Your card is awesome - luv the colors you used, very masculine :)

Missy said...

That's an absolutely gorgeous card! I love those colors together!

anja curvers said...

Wow you did a great job on the sketch I love the colors you used they are great.

Stampin' Meg said...

Looks great (even without the skull!)

carrie said...

Great card! Love the color combo.

artfulstampin said...

A great male card, love the colours and the textures!

1 Crafty Gal said...

What a fabulous card! Great colors together.

Megan said...

I love your card...maybe I'm dumb though, but how did you get the star shiny after doing the faux shaving cream technique? It looks awesome! Great job! :)

papertrails leaver said...

Pam love your card!

wendyp said...

wow! This is awesome! Love the color combo!

Anonymous said...

Great card Pam...I really like the color combo.

Bev said...

Wow! Stunning card - the colours are fab

Lori K said...

This is excellent! Love your use of all the SU products.

Ashley Newell said...

How pretty!

Chris said...

Perfect card for a guy! Great color combo and take on the sketch.

Sue said...

a GREAT card I have real problems with MENS cards this fits the bill perfectly

http://web.mac.com/dougandsue

Lea L. said...

Fabulous job with the sketch, and the masculine birthday challenge! I agree with you...cards for men are hard!

~Lea

Valérie Goldenschue said...

magnifiques couleurs.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous card ,love the colours you have used ,Dawnxx

Jacey's Mom said...

Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful :)
Have a great week:)x