Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A thank you to Teachers

It feels a bit strange to walk through the halls of my son's middle school. Why, well because it was my Junior High when I was his age. I walk through the halls and have flash backs of the good times I had with so many friends.  I am happy to say I am still in contact (mostly because of Facebook) with the majority of that group of people. Now we are all in our 30 somethings and every now and then as I am in the school I think,  geesh...I never in a million years would have thought I would be where I am today. Its funny how life and all of its experiences change you. While a lot of me is still the same 7th grade girl I was then, there are parts of me that are still changing and have changed a lot just in the last 5 years. I guess life is funny that way. I am glad I can go to my "son's school" and reminisce and realize how far I have come and how extremely fortunate I am.

Anyway, as many of you have read here in the past year I am the PTO President at my son's school, so I was helping take care of Teacher Appreciation week this year with my good friend, Debbie, who I know from my Stampin UP! days. On Monday Debbie put together a brunch for the staff and during the week we had drawing prizes, which of course was a hit.  To finish the week up Debbie put together a sandwich buffet, while I create a dessert table with goodies that Debbie and I created. There were cupcakes, cookies, oranges and apples. Debbie made these adorable Daisy cups that were filled with M&Ms and each person received a Starbucks card from the PTO. I made a small banner, decorated the large glass jars that held wrapped Hershey bars and the framed sign saying thank you. Everyone who came into the room oooh'd and aaahhh'd and complimented on how bright and cheery everything looked.  Debbie, thanks for all of your help!  I think we should go into business together ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek.
Have a great day!!!
Pam

1 comment:

laixinjie said...

I found a very interesting website where you can customize various hats!By the way,I like custom phone cases