Tuesday, July 8, 2008

So Very Sweet


I had to get my mind off of this Gallery Idol contest for a minute so I grabbed Kazan's sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You and Caardvarks "On The Farm" challenge. I am not completely satisfied with this card, but it took me two hours to make it, I didn't have anything to post today, so I figured why not. This card just kept getting bigger and bigger. I love the animals from "Very Punny" a retired SAB SU (sell-a-bration Stampin' UP!) set, but I think they are just too big for this, or maybe one two many on this card...I am not sure. I guess it would be fun for a little kid, since there is a lot to look at. I use triangle and big flat O eyelets from ELE, the gingham brads are from the Target dollar spot. The stars I punched out with my small SU star punch. The sentiment is also a retired SAB SU set, which I had to cut out as it was new in the box. Can you believe this set is two years old and it has never been inked, what was I thinking....obviously I wasn't!
SO...the Gallery Idol voting is suppose to start today at noon MST and run through Friday until noon MST. UPDATE: Voting will not start until tomorrow now (Wednesday). They are going to tally the votes quickly on Friday and announce the 15 that move on and give them the new challenge. I am so excited I could just pee myself! As soon as the voting page is up I will have the link here. My DH is in the computer field and one too many times has he been through the process that should only take a couple of hours which of course turns into a couple of days. Patience is a virtue right!
Thanks again for your sweet comments and words of encouragement! They are so helping me right now!
TTFN

30 comments:

Stefanie said...

I love it! So glad you decided to post it. The bright colors popping off the black & white background is very fun.

Deanna said...

Gorgeous!
Deanna

Tabitha said...

gorgeous card cant wait to vote for you!

Kim Gasper said...

Pam, this is such a cute card! I love the bright colors. I think the Very Punny animals worked very well.

Jennifer Beason said...

Love it Pam!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh my Pamela...this is brilliant! One of the best uses of this set...evah!

Jolene said...

I'm not sure what you're unhappy with...I think it's adorable! And best of luck in the contest voting - I'll be cheering for you!

Cat Tidwell said...

This is a wonderful card Pam! Dont see why you dont like it...its awesome! Love your take on Kazan's sketch. (Cheering/voting you on in the contest too! I love that card you did!)

Unknown said...

Pam this is super cute - Love the animals and the colors are gorgeous! Seems you and I are both doing the big, bright and beautiful thing this week :) Thanks for playing at 2 Sketches 4 You this week :)

chloe said...

REALLY? I LOVE IT! THERE IS NOTHING LIKE BLACK FOR POP AMONGST OTHER COLOURS AND YOU NAILED IT. WELL DONE!!

Mauna said...

Cute Cute Card. Love the black and white with pop colors.

Lori K said...

Adorable! And I have this animal set also! Perfect for the caardvarrks challenge. Great job with the sketch too.

Daniela Dobson said...

I love the card! So bright and those stamps are so cute. As I was reading this post I got an email that you left a comment on my blog. how funny.
Sorry about the PC gallery thing. I can't wait to see all the creations.

SmilynStef said...

I love those bold bright farm animals ... very fun.

Donna Baker said...

I think this came out cute!!

Jens Place in Space said...

Love it ! Love the animals to!

Eveline said...

Hi Pam, this is a fun card to look at.
Good luck to you this week.
Eveline.

Hanneke van der Linde said...

So cute!!!

Penny said...

It's such a fun card, absolutely gorgeous!!

1 Crafty Gal said...

TOO STINKIN CUTE!!!! Soooo going to c.a.s.e. this card. Adorable!

Sue said...

wow fabby card:-)

Sue
xx

Wilma said...

This is soooooooo cute!!! Love the colours!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute and fun card! I love the gingham buttons on the stars.

maggie fellow said...

i really like this card! - thanks for sharing

Lea L. said...

So bright and colorful..I just love this! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Anonymous said...

Your card turned out great!!

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is awesome, Pam! Great job!

Natasja said...

this card just make me smile!

Ingrid said...

Wow!!! What a CUTE card! I love the bright colors. You did a FAB job at this week's sketch.

Lisa said...

Oh this is just super cute. Love the bold, bright colors.