Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Inspiration Challenge #5 the card


Here ya go...my inspiration challenge piece. I actually made two cards, but I like this one best out of the two. Maybe I will post the second one tomorrow?? I felt like playing with watercolor paper this morning, so I grabbed a piece and went to town stamping the images then spritzing the paper with a light mist of water. Makes the images must softer and well...water colored looking. LOL! Don't forget to check out what Carrie made for the challenge. I am heading over there right now, she always has the coolest ideas! If you played along don't forget to leave a comment with your link here so that I can showcase all of your work for everyone to see.
Thanks so much for the sweet comments on my Owl card. This is one of the rare times that I had the idea in my head and actually got it out on paper. I won't even tell you how long that card took me (like all weekend). I should have taken a picture with each step, because he looks completely different from when I started. Now of course Friday won't come fast enough for me when they announce who made it to the next round...eeek!
Have a wonderful day and thanks again.
Big hugs!

My Recipe:
SU card stock: Basic Black, Water Color paper, Orchid Opulence, Certainly Celery
SU stamp sests: Baroque Motifs, Oh So Lovely (retired)
SU Rub On (retired SAB)
SU Black Organdy ribbon (retired)
SU piercing tool and mat pack
water bottle

6 comments:

Carrie Gaskin said...

Absolutely lovely. I love how crisp a card can look when using black cardstock. Its kind of fun how our takes on this challenge are so different! You rock, girl. Keep it up!

Dawn said...

Beautiful card Pam! I am working on mine and will post it very soon!
Hugs
Dawn

chloe said...

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL PAM! I AM TRYING TO WORK ON SOMETHING FOR YOUR CHALLENGE!!

Sankari W. said...

wow! what a gorgeous card - love the opposing colors against the black and the soft feel from the flowers! Lovely!

Dawn said...

Here is my card for the challenge, not exactly how I pictured it....but it is starting to grow on me :)
Dawn

http://prettypaperandpics.blogspot.com/2008/07/paper-askew-inspiration-challenge.html

Steph Ackerman said...

I'll get to this later today, I think your card is lovely Pam.