Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Popcorn Box


Here is a great box from Creative Cuts and More called a "Popcorn Box". I used stamps from Paper Trey Ink and used a couple of different techniques on it. The little white snowflakes were stamped using white craft ink then embossed with white EP. The snow at the bottom I used Stampin' UP! envelope glue. I smeared the glue across the bottom of the box then added white EP. Kind of a neat effect?! For the silver tag I smearing glue with my finger on a piece of white cardstock and added silver EP. After it had cooled I kissed Versa Mark pad right on top and added more Silver EP. Heat and set and repeated for a third time. As soon as I finished heating that third layer of EP I quickly took the snowflake stamped which was inked up with Versa Mark and pressed it into the center of the warm EP. Once the image was cool I used a circle punch to cut out the snowflake. Looks like a metal tag huh!?
Well today is Election Day here in the States, so I will be casting my vote. (2 more days till my b'day tee hee)
Hope all of you who are able to do the same! I will be so glad when the political advertisements will be over with!
Have a super day!!

4 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, Pamela, this is awesome. Love that glue/EP effect on the bottom!

Dawn said...

Super cute Pam! Only 2 more days til your bday huh?! Guess we need to plan a little get together ;)
Hugs
Dawn

Alecia Wolfford said...

What a CUTE idea, totally love what you've done here!!

Anonymous said...

This box is perfect for Christmas goodies:) Could you do a video on the technique you used for the tag? Have a Happy Birthday!