Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Celebrating



This weekend Aly, my creative consultant and studio roommate created this little puff box. The pony (has to be a pony, not a horse according to Aly the expert) is actually the little zebra from Melanie's set "Jumping For Joy". All I did was ink up the outline of the zebra, color her in, add a longer main and tale. Since I cut the pony out of card stock I covered it in Crystal Effects to make it a little more sturdy. The star and sentiment are also from this stamp set. The puff box is from the best die cut place in the biz, Creative Cuts and More. I used my cuttlebug to emboss the die cut before I folded it together.

Check out Melanie's blog to see the list of other great artists who have made creations with  her awesomely (is that a word??) illustrated stamp sets. Happy Blog Anniversary Melanie!

On a personal note, just wanted to wish my baby girl a happy birthday. I can't believe she is 4 years old today. Where have the last 4 years gone. Aly was 5 lbs 4 oz when she was born and so sweet and tiny. Now our big girl is a sweet petite fire cracker with a hilarious sense of humor and no fear of telling people what she wants. Happy Birthday Aly! 

6 comments:

Melanie said...

love this little ony, thanks for sharring how youomit the stripes, i still have that little horse card you made on my desk, so clever!!
off to link!

Donna Baker said...

how clever! tfs another element (versatility) of Melanie's sets!! your daughter is adorable

Dawn said...

I think Aly was correct, a pony it is!!! I can't believe she is 4 now...crazy how fast time is flying by! The family loved the IHOP story, it was so cute I had to share with them!! Happy Birthday Aly :)

1 Crafty Gal said...

OMG Pam!!! That's how much Dominic weighed and he was 7 plus weeks early!!!! ROFL! Happy Birthday to Aly!!!

Adorable box you created!

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for the comment on my CC&M French Fry Box. Congrats on the Melanie Challenge!

Amber said...

Sooo cute, like the fact you embossed the box.