Monday, August 25, 2008

Celebrate Love


Had to push myself to get my creative Mojo going on this weekend. Thought I would give Shelli's "Celebrate" challenge a try. I grabbed some vintage crocheted lace and decided on purple and green for my color scheme and this is what happened! I have never done the faux metal trick, so I decided why not and made the butterfly by inking up a piece of cardstock with Versa Mark then adding layer after layer of silver EP. Once I thought it was think enough I sprinkled some gold EP on top and as soon as it was hot I stamped the butterfly which was inked up with Versa Mark so it wouldn't stick into the hot EP. This made the impression which I cut out. Kinda cool. I will have to play with this technique a bit more. I think it would be a lot of fun to do in different colors.
Hope you all had a great weekend! Can't believe it is Monday already!
Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Eveline said...

Hi Pam, I like the colors you used and the way you did the ribbon through the lace. Lovely card.
Eveline.

Dawn said...

Very pretty Pam. I have wanted to try that technique for awhile, so I guess I better get to it! Love the lace and the colors, so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Great card Pam. I really like the colours you chose and that crocheted lace is pretty special. Nice work.

Cat Tidwell said...

What a beautiful card! Love the colors green and purple together and that butterfly is awesome!

1 Crafty Gal said...

Ohh, this is so soft and beautiful.