Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Winter Fun Caardvarks and Hero Arts style


Caardvarks SPONSOR
We are thrilled that one of our favorite stamp companies is back to sponsor this challenge at Caardvarks! Hero Arts is revealing their 2009 Holiday Collection! You can check out the Hero Arts Blog every day for a new sneak and reveal.

THE CHALLENGE
Create a -NEW- Winter themed card; holiday cards, snowmen, snowflakes, whatever reminds you of the Winter season! Link your entry via Mr. Linky by August 15th at Midnight, PST over at the Caardvarks post here.


THE PRIZE
A collection of *new* Hero Arts stamps! Who wouldn't want this prize??

For my creation I made a bracelet using stamped images from Hero Arts. The bracelet kit is something that I picked up a few years back made by K & Company. I stamped several snowflakes and the "peace love joy" sentiment on white cardstock. I punched out each image that I wanted in the circles and squares of the bracelet with a 1/2" circle punch. Next I used More Mustard reinker and sponged around each punched out piece to give it a little more depth. Last I added mini self adhesive pearls to the centers of the snowflakes. I used Crystal Effects to attach each piece inside the bracelet frames then completely covered each section with more Crystal Effects to seal. Let dry for 24 hours and voila Super Super easy!!! I am thinking about picking up some more of these kits to make holiday gifts. You can find those kits here.

Head on over to Caardvarks and check out the link for our Flickr gallery. There are lots of winter wonderland cards and creations using Hero Arts stamps for you to drool over!

Thanks for stopping by!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely fabulous project, Pam! Gorgeous!

SmilynStef said...

Gorgeous project ... love how you featured those tiny images.

Steph Zerbe said...

Amazing! I love this CHARMing little thing!! Great job. So professional looking. Can I sell it at my next jewelry show? I bet you could get big bucks for it. Not to mention special orders. So cool! I want to see more. Give me more!

Eveline said...

What a great looking bracelet.
Eveline.

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

This is really pretty!!